Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happy One Year Anniversary!


God is not good, He's great.

Thinking back, it took a lot to get to where we are today. We've learned a ton in our first year of marriage, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. He is mine and I am his. We've become quite cozy in our one bedroom apartment and have learned to enjoy the simplicity of our life with just the two of us. We are best friends, and it's a really peaceful feeling knowing that someone will be there to catch you at the end of the day. I'm guilty of being fairly idealistic when it comes to love. I'm a sucker for a chick flick and spontaneous love notes. Well, if you want to get technical, I sometimes picture my love life as a scene from The Notebook. You know, "If I'm a bird, you're a bird." Okay girls, admit there's a part of you that seriously swooned over Ryan Gosling in not one, two, but at least three scenes. Obviously. It's the kind of movie that makes guys everywhere legitimately want to burn every last copy, just so they don't have to be held anywhere near that unattainable standard. And while real life isn't a scene from The Notebook, I would argue it's better. Those 'rough spots' in your marriage allow you to grow, and it's in those moments, I am reminded why we are partners.

This past year has been the best year of my life, and I feel like God has been so incredibly good to us. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him and can't wait to experience the rest!




Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment